The Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory (CNLM) offers awards to exceptional postdoctoral researchers, graduate trainees, and undergraduates students. Awardees will be presented with a plaque and $1,000 stipend and will be invited to present their work in brief Elevator Pitch format to the UCI academic community and the public at our annual CNLM Awards Ceremony to take place in the Herklotz Conference Center.
How to Apply
The deadline for the 2020 CNLM Award Applications has passed. Applications open each year in February or March and are due in April.
Please note the following important conditions before you apply:
- Applications are to be submitted by the candidates themselves and not by faculty sponsors.
- Each award has distinct evaluation criteria and eligibility requirements. Please read through the requirements carefully before applying. Ineligible candidates will not be considered.
- All applications require four components:
- Brief CV/resume (no more than 2 pages);
- Unofficial transcript (for undergraduate and graduate students);
- Personal statement (500 words maximum; see criteria below); and
- Recommendation letter by sponsoring faculty member
- Once applications are submitted, the faculty sponsor will be automatically contacted to request a recommendation letter.
- You may apply for ONLY ONE award but you may be additionally considered for a different award from the one for which you applied (depending on availability of funds and competitiveness of the applicant pool).
- Decisions will be made by an awards committee composed of faculty members appointed by the CNLM director.