Brain Camp 2022 was a BLAST!
Let's do it again next year?
UCI Brain Camp is a summer program for middle and high school students that offers an opportunity for immersion in neuroscience. The 2-week full-day camp will feature lectures and seminars, workshops, laboratory tours, dissections and other hands-on activities and experiments.
- Explore topics such as:
- Brain and spinal cord anatomy
- Sensation and perception
- Learning and memory
- Brain-machine interface
- Comparative neuroanatomy
- Participate in hands-on laboratory work to explore the latest tools, techniques and technologies that are used in neuroscience laboratories at UC Irvine including:
- Brain Imaging
- Animal models
- Participate in workshops on topics such as:
- Experimental design
- Data analysis
- Scientific Communication and public speaking
- Interact with world-renowned neuroscience professors, PhD students and undergraduates to gain insight into college life and the possible careers in neuroscience.
- Develop the tools and skills necessary for success in college coursework.
During the second week of the program, students will design experiments, analyze data and present their work to their families as well as to an audience of UC Irvine neuroscience faculty and students.
2022 Registration Fee
$2150.00 - Includes camp fee, camp shirt, snack, lunch and all materials.
Refunds will be accepted up until 30 days before the first day of camp, minus a 20% processing fee. Refunds requested within 30 days before the first day of camp will be granted a 50% refund. No refunds will be granted within 14 days before the first day of camp, unless a replacement can be found in which case a refund will be granted minus a 20% processing fee.
The UCI Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory is thankful for the generous support of the Friends of the CNLM. This avid group of supporters has made it possible for the Center to offer need-based scholarships for the 2022 Brain Camp. Click here to apply for a scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis through May.
For more information about the program and curriculum, please contact:
UCI Brain Camp Director
Director of Outreach and Education
UCI Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory