The UCI CNLM is launching a virtual opportunity for high schoolers this summer!
Click here to learn more!
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and in consideration for the safety and wellbeing of our students and campers, the summer 2020 UCI Brain Camp has been canceled.
Please click here to be added to the mailing list to learn more about similar programs at UC Irvine.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you next year.
Brain Camp will take place on the UC Irvine campus at the Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory.
UCI Brain Camp is a summer program middle and high school students that offers an opportunity for immersion in neuroscience. The 2-week full-day program will feature lectures and seminars, workshops, laboratory tours and, of course, a wide variety of hands-on laboratory activities. Students will have an opportunity to:
- Explore topics such as:
- Brain and spinal cord anatomy
- Sensation and perception
- Learning and memory
- Brain-machine interface
- Comparative neuroanatomy
- Tour laboratories to explore the latest tools, techniques and technologies that are used in neuroscience laboratories at UC Irvine including:
- Brain Imaging
- Animal models
- Participate in workshops on topics such as:
- Experimental design
- Data analysis
- Scientific Communication and public speaking
- Interact with world-renowned neuroscience professors, PhD students and undergraduates to gain insight into college life and the possible careers in neuroscience.
- Develop the tools and skills necessary for success in college coursework.
During the second week, students will design experiments, analyze data and present their work to an audience of UC Irvine neuroscience faculty and students as well as the campers' families.
$1,875 - Includes lunch and all materials.
Participants are responsible for transportation and housing. The program does not provide housing.
For more information about the program and curriculum, please contact:
Director of Outreach and Education