Summer 2021 UCI Brain Camp will be held July 19 - July 30
Students should expect to engage in program activities from 9am - 3:30pm M-F. Each child will receive a kit with equipment and materials that will allow them to participate in hands-on activities from home!
UCI Brain Camp is a summer program for middle and high school students that offers an opportunity for immersion in neuroscience. This year's virtual 2-week full-day camp will feature lectures and seminars, workshops, laboratory tours and even hands-on activities that students will engage in from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Students will have an opportunity to:
- Explore topics such as:
- Brain and spinal cord anatomy
- Sensation and perception
- Learning and memory
- Brain-machine interface
- Comparative neuroanatomy
- Participate in virtual tours of laboratories to explore the latest tools, techniques and technologies that are used in neuroscience laboratories at UC Irvine including:
- Brain Imaging
- Animal models
- Participate in workshops on topics such as:
- Experimental design
- Data analysis
- Scientific Communication and public speaking
- Interact with world-renowned neuroscience professors, PhD students and undergraduates to gain insight into college life and the possible careers in neuroscience.
- Develop the tools and skills necessary for success in college coursework.
During the second week of the program, students will design experiments, analyze data and present their work to their families as well as to an audience of UC Irvine neuroscience faculty and students.
Due to the COVID pandemic and the university closures, we will be hosting this year's camp remotely. The UCI CNLM has been hosting virtual programs for K-12 children for nearly one year and we are designing an engaging, stimulating and rewarding experience for this year's brain camp participants.
$2150.00 - Includes camp fee, camp shirt and materials for hands-on activities that will be mailed to each participant.
The UCI Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory is thankful for the generous support of the Friends of the CNLM. This avid group of supporters have made it possible for the Center to offer need-based scholarships for the 2021 Virtual Brain Camp.
For more information about the program and curriculum, please contact:
UCI Brain Camp Director
Director of Outreach and Education
UCI Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory