Nu Rho Psi is UC Irvine’s Chapter of the National Honors Society for Neuroscience.
We are committed to promoting an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity, and providing our members the academic and networking means to actualize their research in the field of neuroscience. Nu Rho Psi provides guidance to members as they navigate the prominent neuroscience presence at UC Irvine, providing them with information and access to research opportunities and mentorship as they progress towards success and fulfillment of their goals within the field.
Nu Rho Psi focuses not only on developing members’ scientific skills, but also their humanitarian ones. Communication with and connection to our community is pivotal to the nature of science itself, as everyone deserves to have the capacity for expanding their knowledge. Members of Nu Rho Psi are provided the training and confidence to conduct effective outreach to the community, bridging the gap between the theoretical nature of their research and the humans affected by it.
Nu Rho Psi provides unparalleled access to the eminent neuroscience network at UC Irvine, including exclusive luncheons with professors and scientists, seating at colloquia, and networking opportunities crucial in a field as collaborative as neuroscience. Members of Nu Rho Psi are provided with opportunities to build and expand their professional and scientific network, and forge career-spanning connections that have the potential to shape their trajectory as neuroscientists.
- Check your membership eligibility
- If you are eligible, meet with Lea Stith and fill out an application form
UC Irvine’s chapter of Nu Rho Psi strives to develop the next generation of neuroscientists and shape their career trajectories by providing immersive research, training, and community outreach.
We accomplish this by achieving excellence in 3 areas:
1. Scientific Development
Nu Rho Psi promotes an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity through providing our members with the academic and networking means to pursue their research and academic interests in the field of neuroscience.
2. Professional Development
Nu Rho Psi provides unparalleled access to the eminent neuroscience network at UC Irvine, including exclusive luncheons with professors and scientists, front row seating at colloquia, and various networking opportunities with renowned scholars.
3. Community Outreach
Nu Rho Psi upholds its social responsibility of giving back to its community through service related to neuroscience. Members also have the opportunity to build connections with their local community.
- Nu Rho Psi is the National Honor Society in Neuroscience, founded in 2006 by the Faculty of Neuroscience. The Society has two primary goals.
- The Society’s first purpose is to encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience. This aim involves awarding recognition to students who achieve such excellence, advancing the discipline of neuroscience through dedication to research, and promoting career development in neuroscience via interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in the field.
- The Society’s second goal is to encourage community service, primarily in a manner that increases public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for individuals and society as a whole.