2019 Brain Camp
2019 Brain Camp registration has closed.
July 29 - August 9, 2019
9:00am - 4:00pm
$1,875 - Includes lunch, camp shirt and all materials.
Participants are responsible for transportation and housing. The program does not provide housing.
We have a limited number of spaces available for the 2019 Brain Camp. Early registration is encouraged.
Brain Camp will take place on the UC Irvine campus at the Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory.
For more information about the program and curriculum, please contact:
Director of Outreach and Education
UCI Brain Camp is a summer program middle and high school students that offers an opportunity for immersion in neuroscience. The 2-week full-day program will feature lectures and seminars, workshops, laboratory tours and, of course, a wide variety of hands-on laboratory activities. Students will have an opportunity to:
- Explore topics such as:
- Brain and spinal cord anatomy
- Sensation and perception
- Learning and memory
- Brain-machine interface
- Comparative neuroanatomy
- Tour laboratories to explore the latest tools, techniques and technologies that are used in neuroscience laboratories at UC Irvine including:
- Brian Imaging
- Animal models
- Participate in workshops on topics such as:
- Experimental design
- Data analysis
- Scientific Communication and public speaking
- Interact with world-renowned neuroscience professors, PhD students and undergraduates to gain insight into college life and the possible careers in neuroscience.
During the second week, students will design experiments, analyze data and present their work to an audience of UC Irvine neuroscience faculty and students as well as the campers' families.